This April, for National Volunteer Month, We Celebrate the Mentors and Volunteers Who Help Small Business
National Volunteer Month, celebrated every April, is the perfect time to consider how one can give back to the community and make a difference.
Not only do we thank and celebrate the many volunteer mentors, subject matter experts, workshop facilitators, and others who contribute to our local chapter, now is the perfect time to invite others to join our cause! And we can use your help. We depend on the talent and time of volunteers to help entrepreneurs achieve their dreams of small business ownership. Learn about the benefits of volunteering with SCORE.
How You Can Help: Types of Volunteer Opportunities
- Mentor: Use your industry-based knowledge and expertise to help business owners who are looking for guidance
- Subject Matter Expert: Collaborate with experienced mentors to offer advice in your specific area of expertise
- Workshop Presenter: Educate through giving presentations on specific small business topics
- Chapter Support: Assist with marketing, finance, scheduling and other key support tasks
If you are intersted in learning about mentorship opportunities, please contact: Donna Hover, Chapter Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Team!
"Being a SCORE mentor allows me to not only provide advice and recommendations to entrepreneurs, but to also learn from them. It gives me great joy when I see things are beginning to click and they get that a-ha moment. "
— Nilda Thomas, Certified Volunteer Mentor
"Helping them build or polish their dreams can have multifarious effects on their lives is what I enjoy most about volunteering with SCORE. The smiles we receive as mentors are golden."
— Nick Ritts, Certified Volunteer Mentor
"There is always someone who has gone through a similar experience and who is ready to help you. Reach out for help without fear or guilt. Hard work and perseverance never fail your business."
— George Abraham, Certified Volunteer Mentor
"It has made me realize that I have much to offer and that my 35 years of business experience can help and be applied to most all situations. Realizing that I am making a difference with those that I have mentored is pure fulfillment for me."
— Ronald Blank, Certified Volunteer Mentor
Learn more, and apply to volunteer right here!
- Accounting & Cash Flow
- Business Plans/Startup Assistance
- Government Regulations & Contracting
- Human Resources
- Legal Issues
- Marketing, Public Relations & Sales
- Tax Planning
- In Business
- Encore (50+) Entrepreneurs
- Rural Entrepreneurs
- Veteran Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurs
- Young Entrepreneurs
- Accommodation & Food Services
- Administrative, Support, & Waste Management
- Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services
- Real Estate & Rental & Leasing
- Wholesale Trade